PACS Certificate Requirements
Sign-up for PACS
The following are the requirements for earning a Certificate in Peace & Conflict Studies at CU:
1. Completion of a major in any discipline in the University of Colorado.
2. 24 hours of acceptable work (C or better with at least 15 upper division hours) at the University of Colorado that include:
- 6 hours of PACS core courses including PACS 2500: Introduction to Peace and Conflict Studies and PACS 4500: Senior Seminar in Peace and Conflict Studies.
- 9 hours of courses in the student's major department that are related to the field of peace and conflict studies (see the approved list of courses or obtain approval from the PACS director).*
- 9 hours of courses outside the student's major department or in a second major* that are related to the field of peace and conflict studies (see the approved list of courses or obtain approval from the PACS director).
* In the event a major department does not have 9 hours of relevant courses, the PACS director may allow for substitutions with PACS approved courses outside the major department.
When you declare a major please complete a Course Approval Form.
As you near graduation, please fill out a Certificate Completion Form.