Socially Conscious Careers
What Is A Socially Conscious Career?
"A socially conscious career is a livelihood that is meaningful to the worker, supportive
of life and social justice and does not do violence either directly or in its end result." — Paul Wehr
How Can I Tell If The Career I'm Looking At Right Now Is Socially Conscious?
Here are some helpful questions to ask when deciding which career path to pursue:
- Will my work help or harm the environment?
- Will my work reduce violence in the world?
- Will my work increase or reduce social and economic justice?
- Will my work give me peace of mind?
Where Can I Start My Search For A Socially Conscious Career?
Try starting right here with a career search through the links below:
- Conflict Resolution
- Community Work and Media
- Social Justice
- Human and Civil Rights
- Nonprofits and Philanthropy
Interested In An Internship?
Many places listed as careers might also have internship opportunities available. Also please visit the internships page for additional information.
- Zelizer, Craig. "Guide to Careers in the CR Field/Additional Resources (Including Newly Expanded List of Key Job Websites)." June 18, 2010.